A Research and Training Lab
Directed by Dr. Patricia Zapf
2017 Summer Institute – Registration Now Open
John Jay College of Criminal Justice (New York City)
Join us for our Summer Training Institute to be held at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in midtown Manhattan. Summer Training Institute is 5 days of mix-and-match workshops presented by internationally recognized experts in forensic mental health. The Forensic Training Academy brings world-class professional training in forensic mental health to John Jay College of Criminal Justice in June each year. Summer Training Institute provides an opportunity to receive premium professional training by the field’s top experts at the world’s most well-known College of Criminal Justice. Build your practice and expand your skill set with professional training by: Drs. David DeMatteo, John F. Edens, William Foote, David Martindale, and Martin Sellbom.
Select from 1- and 2- workshops to meet your practice needs. This 5 day professional training opportunity is perfect for forensic mental health professionals, legal professionals, law enforcement & correctional professionals, forensic evaluators, and those wishing to add forensic evaluation to their clinical practice.
– Interviewing, Report Writing, and Testifying in Child Custody Cases presented by: Dr. David Martindale
– Forensic & Correctional Applications of the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) presented by: Dr. John Edens
– Evidence for Forensic Mental Health Professionals presented by: Dr. David DeMatteo
– Psychological Evaluation in Personal Injury And Civil Rights Cases presented by: Dr. William Foote
– Personality Assessment in Forensic Evaluation using the MMPI-2-RF presented by: Dr. Martin Sellbom
– Professional training by internationally recognized experts in forensic mental health
– Evidence-based best practices, relevant research outcomes, clinical applications
– Build the knowledge, skill set, & expertise to take your practice to the next level
– Student discount of 50% available after May 15
– Lunch and am/pm refreshments included
Latest TRiP Posts:
Youths’ first contact with the justice system may have an impact on their offending behavior and rearrests. This is the bottom line of a recently published article in Law and Human behavior. Below is a summary of the research and findings as well as a translation of...read more
Witnessing domestic violence as a child is associated with overall psychopathy levels. This is the bottom line of a recently published article in Law and Human Behavior. Below is a summary of the research and findings as well as a translation of this research into...read more
Youth behavior, the assessment of extralegal factors by probation officers, and parental input in probation interviews affect case processing decisions for juvenile first-time offenders and subsequent reoffending. This is the bottom line of a recently published...read more
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
An international leader in educating for justice, John Jay College offers both undergraduate and graduate students a rich liberal arts and professional studies curriculum in a vibrant urban setting. Our academic programs help intellectually curious students pursue knowledge and put their ideas and passions to the test. We view learning as a way to inspire students to create and sustain a more just world.